Stay tuned to www.celebratinglifebd.com and The Daily Star for upcoming news.
THE THEME FOR CELEBRATING LIFE 2016 IS
Since the beginning in 2008, the contest has grown enormously in terms of number of participants, number of entries and it has grown far more diverse. Celebrating Life 2015 will be even bigger, reaching hundreds of thousands of more people.
This year, Celebrating Life will specifically engage youth of Bangladesh at campuses in addition to its regular national competitions. In the spirit of patronizing quality of production over the total number, the organizers have lucrative prize money in all three areas. Over a dozen more will receive ‘Honourable Mention’ awards, along with crests and certificates. Winners will be announced at the Celebrating Life Award Ceremony 2016.
Platform B: Celebrating Life Contests at University Campuses
This year, with a focus on the youth of Bangladesh, Celebrating Life will be heading out to university campuses. At these Campus Festivals, we will not only showcase winning entries from past years of Celebrating Life. Starting from 2015, Celebrating Life is introducing Campus Winners! We will have winners in Film, Photography, Music and Dance.
Depending on the response, the Music Awards could be expanded to multiple awards based on different genres of music. You do not need to send in any entry to us to participate in the Campus Festival. Simply wait for us to show up at your campus!
More information at: www.celebratinglifebd.com
Same person can participate in both platforms, but not with the same entry!
The Theme for Celebrating Life 2016
The theme for Celebrating Life 2016 is “Youth in Change”. Youth nowadays have been showing their leadership skills in the most critical areas which are unprecedented. As an example, there was a point in time where politics was not considered a good avenue by the youth but now, that notion has changed and new faces in politics are becoming a commonplace in Bangladesh. Youth have become well-renowned due to their persistent effort in making change wherever necessary, through various initiatives such as NGOs and the list of such leaders is increasing every day. These efforts, both individual and collective have made a positive impact both nationally and internationally. What sets the modern youth of this time apart from that of in the previous decades, is the inclusion and equal effort put forward by women. It is no longer a myth that women have been contributing equally to that of men.
The global economy is facing many challenges in various aspects and the youth has been successfully tackling these challenges one by one and it is the same in Bangladesh, therefore, Celebrating Life has decided to come up with a theme that could not be more fitting with the current time. Celebrating Life has always promoted a positive theme in the previous years and this year is no exception. Through this competition, Celebrating Life will be looking for innovation and unprecedented creative expression by means of photography, lyrics, film.
General Rules and Regulations of Celebrating Life 2016
1. How to submit: All entries for the National Contests (Platform A) must reach the Daily Star office by 31 July 2015. No entries will be accepted after the last date of submission, and no exceptions will be made. For Celebrating Life Contests at University Campuses (Platform B), you do not need to send in any entry to us to participate in the Campus Festival. Simply wait for us to show up at your campus!
2. Please register on the website (Click here to register) before sending any entries. No entries will be accepted without a registration number.
3. Write your name, address, email address and cell phone number clearly in block letters on the envelope and on the back of each submission. In case of CDs/DVDs please ensure that all contact information is written on both the CD/DVD Cover and the CD/DVD itself.
4. Please retain a copy with yourself, because no entry will be returned to the participant.
5. The results will be published in The Daily Star after the Awards Giving Ceremony in Star Showbiz Magazine. Keep reading the leading English daily!
6. Personal calls are prohibited. Any persuasion, verbal or written, will result in immediate disqualification. Read the website thoroughly for any queries, all potential questions have been answered on the website.
7. The same person can take part in more than one or in all three contests. The same person can also participate in both platforms A and B, but not with the same entry!
8. There is no age limit. Any Bangladeshi or any foreigner residing in Bangladesh is eligible.
The last date to apply for the Film Making Workshops 2016 is 31st August 2016
The opening date for accepting entries for all Celebrating Life 2016 contests (Platform A) is 1st June 2016
The last date of submission for all Celebrating Life 2016 contests (Platform A) is 31st August 2016
The date of participating in Platform B will vary from one university to another, and these will be announced at each campus itself!
Address your entries/submissions/applications for Platform A to:
Festival Director, Celebrating Life
The Daily Star, Floor 7
64-65 Kazi Nazrul Islam Avenue
Dhaka – 1215, Bangladesh
“Celebrating Life” is a composite competition, inviting films, photographs and lyrics entries that showcase various aspects of life in Bangladesh. Organized jointly by Star Insight Magazine of The Daily Star and Standard Chartered Bank, this initiative is our attempt to provide participants with a massive platform for creative expression.read more